Flexible solutions for a greener future.
A growing population. Expanding city skylines. Fast-changing technology. Shifting production patterns. All around us is evidence of the need to stay nimble in the quest for a greener future for the communities we live, work and play in.
At Wasteco, we offer a variety of educational services to help you understand and reduce your waste and ultimately your costs. By engaging with our customers, Wasteco impacts the amount of material that gets diverted from landfill and contributes toward building a circular economy. A circular economy is one in which resources are kept in use for as long as possible, extracting the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life.
In recognition of our proactive communication and support with our customers’ waste reduction programs, Wasteco is honoured to have been awarded multiple Platinum and Gold Awards by the Recycling Council of Ontario. To learn more about our company’s commitment to social responsibility, please refer to our policy statement on environmental sustainability. At Wasteco, we are committed to Making A Material Difference™ on the planet each and every day.
Trim Your Waste
Is your waste pulling its weight?
Wasteco understands that managing your waste stream is a team effort. Set your company on a course toward continuous improvement with our Trim Your Waste Program. Our program helps you make informed decisions about cutting costs, improving efficiency, and reducing your company’s carbon footprint. Your staff and shareholders can take pride in your contribution to a more sustainable society, knowing that you’re committed to Making a Material Difference™.
Our Trim Your Waste Program incorporates several elements, all of which can be tailored to your facility’s needs and interests.
- Start with a Waste Audit to learn where you’re already doing a great job and where you have opportunities to make improvements.
- Stay on track with a detailed Waste Reduction Work Plan to learn where to focus your waste reduction efforts and resources.
- Monitor and track your success for employee morale and shareholder confidence. A detailed and easy-to-read monthly or quarterly summary outlines the recycling and waste commodities removed from your facility and the consequent diversion rate.
- Customize the Trim Your Waste Program to meet your operating and reporting needs, through waste diversion reports, waste inspections, building walkthroughs, equipment surveys, and staff, tenant and janitorial training.
- Showcase your success with presentations, booth displays, signage, and special events such as Earth Month and Waste Reduction Week activities.
- Get certified. Our staff is trained to help you with BOMA BEST Practices Certification, RCO-Waste Diversion Certification Program, LEED and ISO 14000.
Wasteco has made a difference in southern Ontario communities since 1978. We believe it is vital to give back through a variety of ways including employee volunteering, sponsorships and/or donation of services. Below you will find few examples of our charitable ties.
- Children’s Aid Society
- Community Living Toronto’s “Community Rocks” Fundraiser
- Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis
- Greater Toronto Apartment Association Charitable Foundation
- Hospital for Sick Children
- Kitchener Junior Rangers Minor Midget AAA Team
- Meta Foundation
- Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre
- Ontario Trucking Association Education Foundation
- Planet in Focus Film Festival
- The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer®
- Second Harvest’s “Toronto Taste” Event
- Starlight Children’s Foundation Canada
- St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation
- Toronto Red Wings Midget Team
- Triple A Racing
- World Wildlife Fund’s “CN Tower Climb for Nature”
“Wasteco has been a great partner to work with for Second Harvest’s annual culinary event, Toronto Taste. Their team is dedicated to making sure our event goes off without a hitch and they always go above and beyond to ensure our needs are met. We here at Second Harvest rely on community partners such as Wasteco to help us deliver our mission to rescue and deliver fresh, surplus food to feed people experiencing hunger.”
Jennifer Chow, Special Events Manager – Second Harvest
“Wasteco has been a leading sponsor of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation’s Fall Classic Golf Tournament. The annual tournament raises funds to support St. Joe’s most important priorities. We thank Wasteco for helping transform care for the more than 500,000 people who live in our west-end community.”
Karen Devine, Director of Marketing Communications – St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation